Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Got My Tuna and Shrimp Today!!!


Oh yeah!  My guy let me practice my Spanish by asking for a piece of tuna for one.
It was a beauty.



As well I was able to ask for 4 euros worth of shrimp that did have their wee heads removed already.
Bonus.



Pomegranates, persimmons, bananas, grapes...red and green, asparagus, apples and oranges, cherimoya fruit, cauliflower and broccoli and tomatoes....that should hold us for awhile.
I picked up some cheese at the grocery store to make Caprese salad and a few potatoes.
We are going to have a feast tonight.
Who's coming??


Biggest job was peeling, deveining the shrimp, and washing them before cooking.


Seasoned tuna steak.  Jamie Oliver says you sear it for 90 seconds each side...do not over cook.


Shrimp with garlic and butter...oh yeah.


Viola....tuna steak medium rare, sautéed shrimp with garlic and asparagus.
We also had a cucumber and Roma tomato salad with Balsamic vinegar and olive oil drizzled on top.
Loved it.
I'm so doing it again next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting On An Incredible Trip

I cannot comprehend that our incredible 3 months adventures in Europe have come to an end....for now. Back in Canada and the hustle and b...