Thursday, November 2, 2017

The Pomegranate....Not Quite Like Ours


This pomegranate tree is in a park, just a 5 minute walk from us.  You know I want to pick it but alas I dare not.

These pomegranates are the ones I bought from the local market.  Not nearly as red as what we see in Canada so I wasn't really sure if they were ripen yet?
They were.






The suggestion is to score the fruit all around rather than cutting it.  Gently using your hands to pull it into two pieces.  Once in half, they are chocked full of little pink or red seeds to eat.
I turn the skins almost inside out to get the seeds loose.  

Did you know the number of seeds a pomegranate can have, are anywhere between 200 and 1400!
My guess.......240?  give or take a hundred?? lol.




High in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and folate, it is a winning fruit.  Lots of fibre...always good for the digestion.

I have been enjoying this fruit in my yoghurt quite a few mornings now.
Even on it's own....it is a great thirst quencher.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting On An Incredible Trip

I cannot comprehend that our incredible 3 months adventures in Europe have come to an end....for now. Back in Canada and the hustle and b...