Monday, November 6, 2017

Mercado Central in Cadiz....The Fish Market


The Mercado Central is the happening place each morning and into the early afternoon in downtown Cadiz.
57 fruit stands, 54 fish and shell fish stands, 44 meat stands, 7 grocery, 4 bread stands and one olive stand.  How do you get around to all of them?


It is located in a pavilion that has been remodelled a few times to keep it new.


Now.....from years of working in a hospital I have learned that if something smells....unpleasant....breath only through your mouth.   Even doing that might not help if the smell of fish is upsetting to your fragile constitution.
But you cannot miss this amazing place.


Above is what I believe to be roe.



Tons...literally of squid, octopus and cuttle fish.  When fried up all look and taste the same to me.


A gigantic tuna on the left of this photo....which is what I want to get tomorrow when we shop for fish for the first time.....in spanish....yikes what will I come home with?
I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting On An Incredible Trip

I cannot comprehend that our incredible 3 months adventures in Europe have come to an end....for now. Back in Canada and the hustle and b...