Saturday, November 4, 2017

Thunder Boomers and a Rainy Day in Cadiz


Our first rainy day since we arrived almost two weeks ago.
I actually had hung clothes on the line.....that's another blog post....and we hustled home to get them off.  We then parked ourselves at a cafe right behind our apartment, under the shelter of a huge umbrella, and had a few treats and watched the rain come down.


OMG I know!!!  It is not quite what we thought we ordered....thus the fun in Spain....deciphering the language...or in this case the menu.  Or even pointing....lol.

We then popped into a book store and I....oh ya.....me..Angela...needed another book to read as I finished the one and only I brought.  Hard to believe but I can read....I'm just always busy with other things.  Knitting comes to mind.
This lovely man, who owned the shop, did have english books.  So I bought 'Jane Erye' to read.  I am already captured in the first 6 pages of this classic.


It was really raining hard with BIG thunder so we ran home....through the puddles.
There, we listened to some serious thunder with a downpour of unrelenting rain.

After dinner, I wanted to go see what the ocean looked like after that storm.
First thing I noticed was a cruise ship leaving Cadiz and heading into stormy clouds towards the Atlantic.  Yikes.



The sunset must have been amazing....this is the wee bit I caught before it was gone.


The church looks like it belongs in the 'Omen' movie.  Very ominous.....oh no.
If I see a priest standing around I am soooooo booting it home.



Stormy and rainy.....looking towards the Atlantic Ocean.


Be safe little ship.
Don't put your souvenirs on top of your life jackets.  Just sayin'  from previous cruises in storms.


Ok....heading home now because it is dark and I think I hear rumbles of thunder again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting On An Incredible Trip

I cannot comprehend that our incredible 3 months adventures in Europe have come to an end....for now. Back in Canada and the hustle and b...