Sunday, November 26, 2017

Lunch out in Cadiz


So Deb and I wanted to try out this restaurant about 10 steps from our door in Cadiz.
It was recommended by our host so we made a reservation and went in.


Wanting to try some of the local specialities but not really knowing how to cook them, I thought this would be the place....and it was.

Below is our appetizer which is Hake fish with roasted pimento peppers.
Hake fish is found in the deep waters of Cadiz but comes into the shallow waters at night.  It can be anywhere from 8-60 lbs in weight.  It is sold here in the Cadiz Fish Market fresh out of the water.
It is related to the cod and haddock family....Yummy.


A seafood ravioli that was quite tasty as well.
Can't get enough seafood here.


.......Taa Da......my most excellent seared Tuna steaks.
Oh my gosh....best fish ever.
This was my first taste of it in Cadiz, but I have now cooked it at home, fresh from the fish monger three times!!  Seasoned on each side with spices and olive oil, seared in a very hot pan for 90 seconds, each side and voila!!!!!
A wee bit rare for Deb so I cook hers separately and a little longer.
I love Cadiz for many things....but it is a seafood lovers dream here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting On An Incredible Trip

I cannot comprehend that our incredible 3 months adventures in Europe have come to an end....for now. Back in Canada and the hustle and b...