Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Lunch on the Edge, in Ronda, Spain


All that climbing has made me hungry.....lol.
Ok so I didn't climb but I'm hungry and so is LD.
Off we go to find a restaurant nearby.


Ok....this is perfect.  Right on the edge....literally.....of the gorge.
"Let's find a table....with a great view."
Every table has a great view.


A Red-billed Chough bird.  Frequently found in mountainous area.
Usually between 2400-3000 meters elevation and has been found in the Himalayas and Everest!!
 it can be between 15-16 inches long, with a wing span of 25-35 inch wing span.
At first I thought he was my song bird, the Common Black Bird, but this one has a long, curved, orange bill and makes a distinctly different call.


There were many flying over head.  A velvet-black body with green highlights.....Spectacular.
The Red-billed Chough is a non-migratory bird....so we could watch it all year round.


This restaurant is amazing.  Unfortunately we were in the direct sun, but we wanted the view so we stayed.  Our excellent waiter, came over very promptly and pulled the awning over us.
The view was non the less spectacular.  




LD had a salmon salad......and shared it with me as the salmon was raw.  Thank goodness I'm there to help her out.


I tried the local Spanish soup of Gazpacho.  Absolutely delicious.
Gazpacho, interesting enough, originated in southern Spain in the Andalusian region.
A cold soup that consists of a blend of raw pureed vegetables.
Looking at a recipe online......they add.....bread to it!!
Oh no.....soggy bread....
No worries....it is blended with everything else....I didn't even know.

But when I make it.....I am not adding bread....just saying.



Incredible day today in Ronda.  Dazzling blue skies with amazing cloud formations.
This is still our view from the restaurant......sigh.


A cute wee Sparrow near our table....."Sorry buddy, we have to go descend the gorge.....catch you later."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting On An Incredible Trip

I cannot comprehend that our incredible 3 months adventures in Europe have come to an end....for now. Back in Canada and the hustle and b...