Friday, October 13, 2017

Festival Of Lights Market, Berlin


We arrived in Berlin on what was a pretty rainy day.  After a long morning of travelling to get here, we decided to explore our neighbourhood where our hostel was situated.
It so happens that we are in the heart of East Berlin....if it was 1989.
But more on that later.


On this evening, we wandered from the train station because we thought we had seen a market across the street earlier in the day.
WOW!  Was it a 'market.'
They are celebrating the 'Festival of Lights.'
And tonight was the last night....thank goodness we came upon it.


A beer garden....for sure in Berlin.


The biggest beer mugs anywhere.



So many little kiosks to try.


Chimney cakes.....yummy.
If you haven't had them, they look like a chimney (made of dough)....up in the top right of the photo.
Usually served warm, each one is rolled in cinnamon, icing sugar, etc.
You eat it with your fingers....very tasty.



A huge turnout.  


Above and below are photos of the mother of all pork hocks.
It seriously was the size of a small chicken.  Deb helped...but honestly I ate most f it.
Loved it.
I was laughing because the woman serving me was smiling when she handed it to me.
I said to her "I'll try to do my best."




And you know I needed...(wanted) some spiced cashews.
They didn't last long.
What a great day and night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting On An Incredible Trip

I cannot comprehend that our incredible 3 months adventures in Europe have come to an end....for now. Back in Canada and the hustle and b...